November 2014 RLS1411-02
Bright designs. Brilliant technology. The new Astron GPS Solar Chronograph
The new Astron caliber 8X82
Since its launch in September 2012, Astron GPS Solar has been a huge success. Astron GPS Solar is the world’s first GPS Solar watch. At the touch of a button, it receives signals from four or more GPS satellites, identifies the location and adjusts to your time zone*. Caliber 8X82, which was launched in September this year, has made possible a 30% reduction in the size of the new designs. This size reduction has been achieved by a new advance in Astron’s energy-saving technology which allows the watch to connect to the GPS network with a smaller antenna. Another advantage of this new energy-saving caliber is that it has made possible the use of more dial colors, as one of these new creations demonstrates. In addition, the manual time zone selection is more intuitive thanks to the new electronic setting function of the crown.
* Time zone data as of January 2014. Changes to time zones occurring after this date are not programed and manual time zone selection may be required.
Day or night. At home or on vacation.
The two new creations take Astron into a wider world. With their bright dials and striking color accents, Astron leaves the office and enters the world of leisure travel.
The white model has ten diamonds on the dial and a soft, well-padded crocodile leather strap. With this design, Astron reaches out for the first time to women. It’s the perfect watch for women who travel for business and leisure.
Both models are offered in limited editions. 1,000 of the white version are available and 3,000 of the black. The serial numbers are engraved on the case back of each and the watches are offered with a special presentation case.
Seiko Astron GPS Solar Chronograph Limited Edition
- Caliber 8X82, GPS Solar Chronograph
- GPS controlled time and time zone adjustment
- Chronograph up to 6 hours in 1/5 second increments
- Perpetual calendar correct to the year 2100
- Signal reception result indication
- World time function (40 time zones), Daylight Saving Time function, Power save function
- Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month (without receiving a time signal and at temperatures between 5℃ and 35℃)
- Case: Diameter 45.0mm, Thickness 13.3mm
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with super-clear coating
- Water resistance 10 Bar, Magnetic resistance 4,800 A/m
- SSE019 - Limited edition of 3,000 pieces
- Titanium case with black hard coating with ceramic bezel
- Titanium bracelet with black hard coating with ceramic parts, three-fold clasp with push button release
- Approximate retail price in Europe: Euro 3,100
- SSE021 - Limited edition of 1,000 pieces
- Titanium case with super-hard coating with ceramic bezel
- Crocodile strap, three-fold clasp with push button release
- Approximate retail price in Europe: Euro 3,300